Here at Dixon Homes, we encourage all our clients to think about what lifestyle they are looking to create in their new home so we can accommodate this in the design and construction phases. The heart of any house is the living area. The reason for this distinction is simple: The living room is where you will spend the majority of your waking hours, and as a family, a great deal of quality time together.
Because of this, it’s important to design living areas taking into consideration many lifestyle factors when designing your living room. Some of these include:
• Entertaining areas. Does your family want to make outdoor entertaining/dining a priority? Many of our floor plans have living/dining areas that open out onto covered outdoor entertaining areas. This essentially doubles your living space and makes entertaining a breeze.
• Open Plan Kitchen/Dining. Dixon Homes specialise in creating open plan multi-function living spaces. This means that parents will be able to supervise young children or help with from the kitchen. It also facilitates interaction and Our open plan living areas create a wonderful flow of space while still allowing you to feel connected to the rest of the home.
• Light, Open and Airy Living Areas – Who wouldn’t want a light open and airy living area? After all it’s the biggest area of the house, so it makes sense that it’s a room which you will want to give the best feel. By using light neutral colours, plenty of opposite facing windows to create cross breezes, and living areas that face north we can maximise natural light and ventilation and help to you save money on heating/cooling costs.
• Consider A Wall Niche – In built wall niches for shelving or to house a feature painting or Home entertainment system can create a design feature in the room. Built in wall niches can also be the perfect place to house a wall mounted bookcase.
• Bay windows with window seating below.
• Mantelpiece or fireplace
• An entrance hall/foyer to store shoes, coats and a table for mail/keys.
Where does your current living area let you down?
Speak to us here at Dixon Homes about your lifestyle preferences and your ideal living area. We’re confident we have a design to suit or we can customise our existing designs to accommodate. To find out more call the best builders in Newcastle at Dixon Homes Hunter Valley today on 1300 10 10 10.